Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My HealtheVet Advanced Accounts Will Be Discontinued
08-01-2021, 08:57 PM

My HealtheVet, VA’s online patient portal, gives you access to your VA health information so
you can understand and manage your VA care. Beginning in September 2021, My HealtheVet
Advanced accounts will be discontinued. If you have an Advanced account today and do not
upgrade to a Premium account, your account will revert to a Basic account. If that occurs, you will
lose access to the pharmacy features, including the ability to request and track your VA
prescription refills. That means… it’s time to upgrade to a Premium account. With a free Premium
account, you can securely access your VA health information, 24/7.

Using your My HealtheVet Premium account, you will be able to:
 Request VA prescription refills, track your VA medications, and access your current VA
prescriptions and prescription history.
 View, download and print your VA health information, reports and images from your VA
medical record.
 Send online secure messages to your VA care team to ask them non-urgent health
questions; ask to renew your medications; and send updates on your condition.
 View, schedule, reschedule and cancel VA appointments.

How to get started
If you are new to My HealtheVet, create an account by visiting the My HealtheVet website,
selecting Register, and filling out the required fields. Make sure to check the boxes verifying that
you are a VA patient and Veteran. If you are already a user, you may have a Premium account. If
you do, there will be a “P” icon next to your name. Also, if you currently use secure messaging on
My HealtheVet, you’re all set. Patients who use secure messaging already have a Premium
account.

Three ways to upgrade to Premium level
If you have an Advanced account, there are three ways to upgrade to Premium level: in person,
online or through a video appointment. Upgrading your account is free. If you want to upgrade in
person or through a video appointment, contact the My HealtheVet coordinator in your local VA
facility. Ask about upgrading to a Premium account. You can locate your VA facility’s contact
information through VA’s facility locator tool. To upgrade online, you’ll need to use your DS
Logon Premium or ID.me secure sign-in credentials. You can learn more about the online
upgrading process on the My HealtheVet blog post.